This year I drank a lot of espresso. The Coffee Club of Seattle visited 113 different coffee places in 2011. Some of the places we visited multiple times. And that doesn’t count the places I went just by myself.
The 5 Best Espressos of the Year
- Victrola Coffee (February 5) –Sumatra Lintong-Triple Picked SO Espresso. 15th Ave.
- Cortona Cafe (May 24) – Espresso blend by Herkimer Coffee.
- Caffe Vita (October 28) – Caffe Del Sol by Caffe Vita. Pike.
- Victrola Coffee (August 5) – El Salvador SO Espresso by Victrola. Pike.
- Tougo Coffee (July 21) – Malabar espresso by Oslo Coffee.
The Worst Espresso of the Year
(tie) Katy’s Corner Cafe and The Good Coffee Company Espresso Blend #90
The 3 Best Decaf Espressos
For a few weeks this summer I did an #unplugged project where I sampled many decaf espresso options around Seattle.
- Espresso Vivace
- Equal Exchange
- Stumptown Coffee
Highlight of the Year
The 2011 Northwest Coffee Festival and the week of events leading up to it. Wonderful event. I look forward to attending next year.