This week my plan was to cook up beef liver with a side of asparagus, but I realized I was short on pans. So I decided to cook everything together. It totally worked and I had one less dish to wash.
Summary: A simple way to prepare beef liver.
- Beef Liver cut into bite-sized pieces
- Asparagus chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Chopped garlic
- Salt (I use Redmond Sea Salt)
- Cooking Fat (tallow, butter or ghee)
- Chop the asparagus and set aside.
- Chop the garlic and set aside.
- Chop the liver and set aside.
- Heat the pan to medium and add some cooking fat.
- Toss in the garlic for a minute or so.
- Then add the asparagus for a few more minutes
- Finally put in the liver
- As it cooks down you can add water, beef broth or red wine.
- Add salt and thyme.
- Cook until done.
I used tallow, but after reading the comment left by garymor – the next time I plan to try ghee
I think adding mushrooms would make this dish even better.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)