Today The 4-Hour Body was released on Amazon and other book stores. I happened to be near a Barnes & Noble, so I stopped in to scan the book. This is my initial impression.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman by Timothy Ferriss is a beast of a book. It is really a textbook. After scanning the book for more than 10 minutes, I came to the conclusion that Tim Ferriss and I are on similar paths and we each draw from many of the same mentors.
Some ideas that popped out in the book and his recent podcast interview:
- Paleolithic and cyclical ketogenic diet. I’ve been all over the paleo diet and have been planning on starting a cyclical ketogenic diet on December 22nd (start of winter).
- Cold Weather training. You know I like that.
- Alignment exercises with props to Peter Egoscue. I’ve been a fan of Egoscue exercises for almost 10 years.
- Tim likes Pavel’s training method. This is the 5 rep protocol I started in 2001. I met Pavel in 2004.
- In the podcast he brought up Charles Poliquin in reference to fixing a shoulder injury. I’ve been reading Poliquin since the mid 1990s and credit him with being the lead on sleeping in a completely dark environment for enhanced performance.
My early review is this book is going to be awesome. Tim Ferriss has earned my trust. I look forward to reading this book and trying some new experiments.