Grain Free and Dairy Free Almond Butter Cookies Recipe

Here is my go to recipe when I want something sweet. It is Almond Butter Cookies made without any grains or dairy. The inspiration for this recipe came from the Gluten Free Girl. My version uses less sugar, less baking powder and doesn’t include chocolate chips.

Almond butter cookies without grain or dairy

Ingredients

1. 1 cup of almond butter
  2. 2/3 cup of sugar
  3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  4. 1 egg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Mix all ingredients.
  3. Form little cookies and place on cooking tray.
  4. Once oven is ready, cook for 10 to 15 minutes. All ovens are different.
  5. Let cookies cool for a few minutes.

That is it. This is a super simple recipe that is hard to screw up. You can add chocolate chips if you like, I found they dominate the almond butter flavor. You can also add cinnamon, but anything more than 1/4 teaspoon will make the cookies taste too much like cinnamon cookies.

Pin It

Comments

1. dhammy says

I like it! I’ve always got almond butter from Trader Joes on hand. Gonna make a batch of these soon.

2. dhammy says

Made the cookies tonight and they were a hit with the whole family! Thanks!

D

3. GWhitney says

Have you experimented baking with honey and/or brown rice syrup instead of sugar? I haven’t – but it would be nice to think sugar could be avoide altogether…

@GWhitney – Yes. Both honey and rice syrup are noticeably inferior. Raw sugar works best. Brown sugar also works. You may even reduce the recipe to just a 1/2 cup of sugar, but to me that ended up too cake-like.

@Whitney – Also inferior. I ended up eating more cookies every time I tried an alternate sugar. It didn’t curb my sweet tooth.

6. wholistic says

Love this! I am literally drooling over these pictures. I had just purchased my Almondie’s almond butter because I like it raw and pure (and sugar-free!). Will definitely try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!